Awatar użytkownika
Demicore
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Is this community alive?

Post autor: Demicore » pn, 2 lip 2012, 02:18

Hello there!

I'm a WBC3 old-timer who recently reinstalled the game for nostalgia's sake.
I've been looking around for some serious games and it looks like you guys are the only ones still playing the game competitively.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is this community still going? That would mean Poland is even more awesome than I thought (you guys made The Witcher, I love you).
And if so, would you be open to playing with non-Polish players?

It looks like all that remains of the "international" dwell in these hard to find forums (well, at least I had a tough time finding them):
http://archiv.the-battlefield.com/forum ... owforum=40

Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers.
A marine walks into a bar:
"Where's the counter?"

Awatar użytkownika
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ulubiona rasa: Krasnoludy, Orkowie
Kontakt:

Re: Is this community alive?

Post autor: Administrator » wt, 3 lip 2012, 12:53

Community is still alive. We are using Comodo Unite.
Network: wbcfan3
Password: wbcfan3
Join! U will find the players

We are gonna make the tournament this month. More info u receive from user: Kolega Bosman on Comodo Unite.

I hope i see u soon :)

Last thing, if u have active e-mail, send it to me.

Awatar użytkownika
Demicore
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Demicore » śr, 4 lip 2012, 21:33

This is great news!

I'll be sure to join you guys on comodo unite.

We used to have a ladder on The Battlefield and I was 2nd on there (behind the great Velzu, have you heard of him?) so I'd like to think I could at least give you some good games but that was years ago, I need to practice a little before I can compete :P

Do you know what kinds of games people usually play these days? Back when I used to play we used Random races and No Hero (or very low level heroes) to mitigate the inherent imbalances of the game.

Is everyone playing on 1.03?

I'll PM you my mail address. Please do tell me if I can help your community in any way!
"Where's the counter?"

Sartek Gold
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Sartek Gold » czw, 5 lip 2012, 10:39

Administrator pisze:Community is still alive. We are using Comodo Unite.
Network: wbcfan3
Password: wbcfan3
Join! U will find the players

We are gonna make the tournament this month. More info u receive from user: Kolega Bosman on Comodo Unite.

I hope i see u soon :)

Last thing, if u have active e-mail, send it to me.
Hello. I am pretty sure the entire community will be willing to join your forums eventually. I myself am looking forward to joining the tournament.

I am really interested in the tournament, although I haven't played in a while. What kind of tournament are we talking about? how many people are there involved? What mod are we going to use? Are there any specific rules in this tournament (i.e. hero level, races forbidden, specific races, etc.)

If you are interested, I could link you the address to a couple of frequent visited Warlords Battlecry forums. If you wish, you could attempt to get more people there to join the tournament or this community.

Awatar użytkownika
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ulubiona rasa: Krasnoludy, Orkowie
Kontakt:

Post autor: Administrator » czw, 5 lip 2012, 11:26

Good to hear that. Give me links, then i post about the incoming tournament. U can link this topic for friends, wbc3 players.

Well, I tell a bit about the tourmanent. It's for 16 players, group stage, single elimination, u know, sth like EURO2012. There are 2 parts: eliminations and the main event. First elimination is done. Second elimination is gonna happen before the tournament, 5 or 6 players advance to main event. The main rules are: lv4 hero, merchant or tinker, hero's race the same as played race.
Here is polish topic about first elimination with all rules:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2334
Briefly i can tell u that we are specific race system. Hard to uderstand, but its very good for wbc3. If are enough foreigner players, i will try to translate it all.
Mroczne Krasnoludy - 8
Barbarzyńcy - 8
Imperium - 7
Minotaury - 7
Rój - 7
Zaraza - 7
Nieumarli - 6
Mroczne Elfy - 6
Rycerze - 6
Ssrathi - 6
Krasnoludy - 5
Limit punktowy: 14 (czyli 14 jeszcze może być)
We pick 2 races, we have 14 points for them.
Baśniowe Istoty
Orkowie
Demony
Wys. Elfy
Leśne Elfy
Races for mirror matches.

Generally its Best of 3. We play 2 picked race and 1 mirror match. I hope i make a translation soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eKadyen?feature=watch - my channel on youtube.com, wbc3 games, some games with polish commentary (ofc for fun)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pielaheh - Pielagoroths channel (forum user).
Feedback is appreciated

Do u know Cangaceiro louko or FrankFrank? They played with us many times.

This thread is for tournament. Maybe in new topic u suggest something new, what u know, what we dont, about community in the world, any expierence.

Sorry for my english :)

Sartek Gold
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Sartek Gold » czw, 5 lip 2012, 19:28

I use google chrome so it translates the pages for me.

As for tournament, where do I register?

If here, sign me up with the Swarm.

Awatar użytkownika
Demicore
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Demicore » pt, 6 lip 2012, 18:32

Hey there,

I'm interested in participating as well!

I tried to google translate the thread you mentioned but it's still tought to understand :D

Do we have to pick our races before the tournament or before each match? (If the former, I'd be interested in signing up with Plague + Dark Elves)

Also, what patch are you guys using?

Thanks in advance.

PS: your English is great.
"Where's the counter?"

Awatar użytkownika
TomekW
Lunarion
Lunarion
Kontakt:

Post autor: TomekW » ndz, 8 lip 2012, 11:55

We use 1.03, Polish version. And this version won't actually work with any other, even with English 1.03, so that's a bit problematic. Anyway - you pick those races for whole tournament (and you shouldn't tell your races now, it is a secret - you PM your races to Admin account, he reads it day before tour and makes brackets).

So, you play best of three games with each player in group (I guess). First two matches are with the races you picked. You (also secretly) pick the race, which your enemy will play in the first match. In the second one, he will use remaining race, same with you. If it is 1:1, not 2:0, there must be a third match, which is played with mirror (same) races for both player. Race is randomly selected, and both players are gonna play the last match with that race. Thats it, I hope you understand it now.

And by the way, in Polish thread it is said, that you actually PICK if you want to play mirror match at first. If one of the players pick mirror, it is gonna be mirror. But now, i'm not sure, as in this thread Admin said that first two matches are picked, last one is mirror. I don't understand now.
Tomek

Awatar użytkownika
Demicore
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Demicore » ndz, 8 lip 2012, 16:59

Okay thanks for the info, I'll PM my new choice of races to the Admin then, and I'll try to somehow get a Polish install of the game :) (we are the vistors, after all, it's only normal)
"Where's the counter?"

Awatar użytkownika
Demicore
Thrall
Thrall
Kontakt:

Post autor: Demicore » wt, 10 lip 2012, 03:44

Welp, can't get my grubby hands on a Polish version of the 1.03 patch or of the game itself :(
"Where's the counter?"

ODPOWIEDZ